CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy tater tot casserole recipe.

Hello all! Ok, first things first...I will admit that I am not passionate about cooking in any way (weird isn't it)...no no, my husband is actually the one whose cuisine you want to try if ever having the chance. I cook to survive, there's no passion, no enjoyment, no creativity when I cook, I follow a recipe of the basic and if it happens to taste good after it's all done that's a plus. I'm more of a recipe follower. I look for recipes that sound great and (very important) easy enough for me not to screw it all up. I have been known to take a few liberties here and there adding or subtracting ingredients that I have no business fiddling with and disaster is almost always the result. Sooo, with that being said I will tell you that I subscribe to several recipe sites that can assist me in my daily cooking and came across this Tater Tot Casserole dish that sounded very interesting and decided to try it. Everything is very basic and almost fool proof, it was perfect! I'm always very excited presenting new recipes to my hubby since as I mentioned before he is quite gifted in the culinary arts, however, I'm the homemaker and need to have dinner ready for his arrival from work. He seemed to like the idea so I continued on my quest and went to the supermarket and made all my ingredient purchases. A little nervous as always while preparing my dinner because there still is that possiblity of failure and boy it is not pretty. The recipe called for Cream of Mushroom Soup which I quickly substituted with Cream of Chicken Soup...you see my issue...and at last minute preparation I decided to add another ingredient, yes, it doesn't stop folks and I certainly don't learn from my past mistakes. Even more nervous now as the casserole is bubbling away and I'm marking the time very carefully. The finish product...ok I should get the pot holders cause man that dish is hot! Alright everything comes out of the oven looking fab, I wonder who will taste it first...ok, I'll do it. Fantastic!! My best yet!! I surprised myself! This dish is so yummy yummy ummy (that's not a typo by the way that is indeed how I say it) I could barely believe it was created with my own hands! This dish came out great and it was so easy that I felt the need to share it for other cooking impaired wives and moms out there who dread that everyday task. The recipe is below with my amendments. Enjoy and tell me all what you thought if you make it!

Tater Tot Casserole
1lb. ground beef
8oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Evaporated milk
1 2lb. bag of Tater Tots
1 packet of Sazon Goya w/achote
1 generous amount of Adobo (I buy the Goya brand w/pepper but you can really use any kind)

Brown your ground beef first to make sure it is well cooked then season w/Adobo and Sazon Goya. Add 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup and half a can of Evaporated milk. Stir and let simmer for about 15 mins. Place ground beef mixture on the bottom of your casserole dish and neatly place tater tots over top of mixture (it will take about 2/3 of the bag, unless you want some more tater tot goodness that is). Place casserole dish into 350 preheated oven until tots are a golden brown. Sprinkle cheese over top of tots and let cheese melt in oven. Remove and Voila!! Serves 4 to 6.

Till next time,
and remember don't let the day get you down...just Xtreme Cheese!

1 comment: